At the 8th Otolaryngology Exhibition and Conference, Philips is demonstrating, for the second year in a row, its most recent innovative range of Sleep Diagnostics and Therapy Solutions. The event will take place in Dubai from the 8th – 10th of May.
Otolaryngology is a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to the ear, larynx, and upper respiratory tract. Philips’ participation comes in line with its goal to increase awareness around sleep disorders caused by breathing difficulties.
“There are a number of potential causes for a disturbed night’s sleep. These include sleep disorders such as Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), which affects approximately 4 percent of the adult population”, says Diederik Zeven, General Manager of Philips Healthcare Middle East. “It’s a disorder characterized by airway collapse behind the tongue during sleep, which obstructs breathing. If untreated, it can contribute to the development of high blood pressure, diabetes, heart attacks, and strokes”, he adds.
As a global leader in the management of sleep disorders, Philips Healthcare has developed a wide range of products and solutions, from diagnostic tools through patient-centered sleep therapy devices, to help enhance the quality of sleep and thereby improve the health and well-being of people around the world.
Philips will be hosting a workshop, during the event, on Sleep Therapy Solutions, taking place on the 10th of May, demonstrating sleep apnea therapy devices and masks to the clinicians and offering them a practical hands-on training.
The Philips Healthcare solutions on display at the 8th Otolaryngology Exhibition and Conference are:
- Alice 5™ Polysomnography System: a sleep laboratory system that is suitable for hospital or institutional applications. This system represents the state-of-art technology in sleep diagnostics and combines a total of 55 channels to diagnose sleep disorders in the lab setting.
- Alice PDx™ Portable Sleep Diagnostic System: a portable sleep recording device for Obstructive Sleep Apnea screening, follow up and diagnostic assessment of Cardio-Pulmonary Sleep Disorders. The Alice PDx™ enables clinicians to test their patients outside the lab, at home or clinic, without compromising the study’s results.
- RU Sleeping™: a basic screening device that provides real-time apnea score
- System One Sleep Therapy Platform of CPAP & BiPAP: is the latest generation from Philips Respironics Sleep Therapy Devices for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea. The new CPAP and BiPAP devices comes with intelligent technology that simplifies patient management by monitoring patients and recognizing when therapy needs are changing, while offering sophisticated comfort enhancements.
- Comfort Gel Nasal & Face Masks: Philips Respironics provides a wide range of patient masks for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Besides it’s unique and comfortable Gel Nasal and Face Masks, it offers minimal contact masks that aims to provide more patient comfort during therapy.